Solve These Literature-Related Story Problems
Article by MARY.L.HOLDEN
1. In 1884, who wrote Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions.
(a) Ernest Rector2 (b) Edwin Abbott2 (c) Ezra Lineman2 (d) Eliza Powers2
2. The novel by Linda Heart, written in 2012 titled Mrs. Velvet and the Blue String Theory has an unusual style in its table of contents. The chapters are ordered with what type of pattern?
(a) Harmonic (b) Cardinal (c) Fibonacci (d) Ordinal
3. If you were to read Marcel Proust’s book In Search of Lost Time from beginning to end how many words would have entered your eyes and brain?
(a) 1.2+ million (b) 918,736 (c) 501,337 (d) 200,001
4. If one Hobbit has one ring, and ten Hobbits have 50 rings, how many books about Hobbits and their rings exist in the famous story series written by J.R.R. Tolkien?
(a) Ten (b) Six (c) Eight (d) Two
5. What is the most frequently used four letter word in English?
(a) That (b) Good (c) With (d) Your
6. The longest sentence in a novel contains how many words?
(a) 11,228 (b) 4,937 (c) 13, 955 (d) 373
7. Which number is the single-word name of a book’s title?
(a) Ten (b) Billions (c) Zero (d) Three
8. True or False: Bill Gates spent 10.8 million dollars to buy one book at an auction.
9. A two-part question: What calendar day, and what month, did UNESCO choose for World Book Day?
(a) 3 (b) 10 (c) 23 (d) 1
(a) January (b) November (c) April (d) August
10. The oldest book marked with a “published on” date is from what year?
(a) 868 (b) 969 (c) 652 (d) 323
Comments are closed